Friday, October 24, 2008

Waiting...

I thought I'd add a picture of Riley and Hudson that I took a while back. They are waiting patiently for their new leader and best playmate to arrive.

I just returned from the doctors. At each appointment I get hooked up to a fetal monitor which monitors the baby's heartrate and my uterine contractions. I sit there for about 15-20 minutes to get readings and then I have an ultrasound to make sure my fluid levels are still normal. At this appointment, the doctor said Gavin is about 6 & 1/2 lbs, and he said by delivery he should be about 7 & 1/2 lbs. I was happy to hear this and hope he is right! I know it's hard to predict the weight, but I have been thinking all along he is going to be big. 7-8 lbs would be great! I will continue to go to my Monday/Thursday appointments and hope everything continues to go well. But, the nurse mentioned since I have hypertension, I probably will not go past my due date.

At our last birthing class, we learned about all the types of medical interventions and we had to do a short presentation on labor induction. At our next and final class, we'll go over massage techniques! But, at this point I am opting for the edipural. We learned our hospital has a new way of dispensing the epidural, and I'll have a button to press if/when I want more medicine. So, that eases my concern of it running out before the labor ends.

I have one more week of work then it's complete rest time. Although, if I have any energy, I'll probably try to freeze food or nest somehow. Less than a month to go!

1 comment:

Heather (K) said...

We are thinking of you...as always. Glad to hear that things are well. P.S. - If you have high blood pressure on the day of delivery, you will have a c-section. If you want to discuss what to expect call or write me.