Tuesday, April 22, 2008

To Be Expected...

Thought I’d write a little update on how everything’s going. I’m almost 10-weeks now, and as I posted previously, I had high hopes my symptoms were getting better, but they are not! I have a constant state of slight nausea, with worse waves throughout the day. I am not able to eat many foods, including chicken and the thought of many foods makes me so sick! For someone who is used to eating everything and anything, it is a struggle to be so picky. Patrick has been bringing me waffles in bed each morning so that has helped (waffles are a good thing right now). And, poor Patrick has to fend for himself as far as food goes because I cannot cook.

I’ve been working about 3 days a week for the past few weeks, and working only mornings has really helped me rest. I can’t imagine having a full time job being so sick & tired all the time, so I am really blessed to have this part-time job! The first few weeks were a real struggle, but I think I am now getting used to feeling bad, so it’s made it more tolerable.

I am really hoping for a miracle turn-around by Thursday because I was supposed to go to Vegas for Carrie’s 30th birthday this weekend, but it’s not looking good. But, it is all for the best!

We have cleared out the baby’s room and closet, and it is all ready. Right now it’s painted a light green, so we’ll see if that color stays. Not sure what I want to do with it yet! We don’t find out the sex until about 20-weeks, so that will be around the beginning of July.

Hope everyone is well! More to come soon…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your appetite improves soon as I know you miss enjoying food! Patrick, we will now name you the resident "waffle maker"! Love, Susan