Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Welcome Third Trimester!



We had our 28-week appointment yesterday and were very happy to hear everything is healthy as can be! We got more ultrasound pics, but nothing compares to the 3-D pics! My chronic high blood pressure is not making its mark, so I will continue on the regular 2 week schedule from here until 36-weeks when I'll go every week. We saw one of the other doctors this time, and he had a completely different personality (complete opposite) of the doctor we had been going to since the beginning. He made jokes about everything and was really high-energy. We didn't mind his personality, just as long as I made sure everything was ok.
According to the doc, little Gavin weighs 2lbs., 13oz.! I read at this point, the average weight is about 2 & 1/4 lbs, so he is really growing in there. My gestational diabetes test went well two weeks ago, so no problems there. I am so grateful everything is going well and he is healthy, so all the aches, pains and extra weight are more than worth it! Gavin has been moving pretty much non-stop since Saturday, so he has gotten pretty active.
We finally finished assembling the dresser last night (we meaning Patrick) so now we just have to add the finishing touches and organize everything. Here are some pics of the nursery, and I'll try to post more pics when Patrick can take some.
We go back to the doctor on September 12 at 9:30am for another routine check. 12 weeks to go!

1 comment:

Heather (K) said...

Wonderful to hear that all is well. Big kiss to you!